Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Blue Tuesday

Gads, I'm feeling blue today. Somedays are just hard. My Mom past away back in March of this year, and today I started cleaning out some of the stuff in her room. I've been putting off doing it, because I knew it would mess with my mind. She's gone and she's not coming back and my brain knows this, but it still seems so wrong to go through her private things and throw stuff out, or give them away.
It makes me soooo sad, not only because my Mom's gone, but because it makes me think how all of us spend a lifetime accumulating prized possessions; cards from friends, love letters, a shell from the beach you visited etc. and then we die and someone goes through it, and they decide what to do with all of it. Having to do this is making me understand why older people are always trying to give their stuff away to family and friends. At least then they have some say in what happens to the treasure of memories disguised as an old lamp, or a faded scarf.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

My heart goes out to you. I lost my dear Mom 33 years ago, and I still miss her so much. She was my best friend.

9/21/2005 3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker