Friday, September 09, 2005

Egads

I enjoy writing this, but it's a little discouraging sometimes when it seems like no one out there is reading it--*sigh*. Ok enough feeling sorry for myself, I'll keep writing and let what may be, be. I've been checking out a lot of other blogs and they seem to be either very good or really bad. My favorites are the political ones, left and right though I must admit some of the right-leaners really get me steamed. They're entitled to their opinions of course, even if they are totally wrong!--Hee,hee This one guy was going on and on about America catering to the spanish language speakers and how horrible it was for us ("us" meaning the "real" White Americans-I surmise) to have to learn any spanish or God forbid, even see spanish on "our" signs. Egads I say! How horrible to think that America might ever catch up with the rest of the world and become--brace yourselves--bilingual. It would be a true curse if all American children we're taught spanish and english from first grade onward. We might raise children who can excel in the world-wide economy, culture etc. (esp. considering spanish is the second most spoken language in the world) No, it is definitely in Americas best interest to continue to be the only country in the world where the vast majority of the population speaks one language. The aforementioned blogger reminds me of why a lot of foreigners hate American tourists. It's Americans like him who go to another country on vacation and expect the natives to speak english. However, heaven help a tourist to America who can't speak english cause we sure aren't going to know their tongue. We wonder why many foreign nationals think Americans are arrogant? Whew! Glad I got that off my chest. My monitors steamed up-lol.

1 Comments:

Blogger RebeccaMcCormick said...

Here's a comment, 1)to let you know somebody is actually reading your stuff, and 2)to let you know you write well.

Chin up! Keep plugging away.

9/10/2005 7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker