Saturday, June 16, 2007

So, Who's Your Horse?


So have you chosen a presidential candidate to support yet? If so, who and why? I know, I know…the election’s still a long way off, but as far as I’m concerned it can’t come soon enough, and meanwhile I can dream about it can’t I?-lol Right now, I’m leaning towards supporting Edwards (though I don’t think his chances of getting the nomination are very good), because I like his populist stances and appreciate the fact that he has come out with some actual plans which would attempt to solve some of the national problems. I have to admit though that my heart isn’t completely behind Edwards, as I’m still hoping that Gore will decide to jump into the race. Usually, I don’t believe in backing the same horse, so to speak, twice, but I was very impressed by his book “Assault on Reason”. It was apparent to me even back when Gore was vice-president that he was an intelligent guy, but the ideas and pure, stop and make you think logic he put forth in his book gave me new found respect for the man. If there are any other, dissatisfied with the current field, democrats out there, who like me still dream of seeing Al Gore’s name on the ballot you can find a petition urging him to run here, http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/algore2008/signatories.html
What are everyone else’s thoughts on the present crop of candidates?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too would like to see Gore run, (He was robbed the first time he ran for president. He actually won the popular vote, so he would have a good shot of winning) but if the election were today John Edwards would get my vote.

6/16/2007 11:10 PM  
Blogger Leo said...

Oscar, it looks like we're of a like mind! Thanks for the comment.

6/18/2007 2:23 PM  
Blogger Candace said...

I would LOVE to see our President-elect run again!

Obama for veep. I urge everyone to read his second book (I haven't read the first one yet, so I can't say) - The Audacity of Hope.

6/20/2007 2:23 PM  
Blogger Leo said...

Candace, I haven't read "The Audacity of Hope" yet, but plan on checking it out. Thanks so much for dropping by and commenting. Go Gore!!-hee

6/20/2007 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker