Friday, December 29, 2006

Iraq May Become a Quagmire?!

A few weeks ago former Defense Secretary, under President Clinton and a member of the Iraq Study Group, William Perry warned that if the Bush administration fails to change course in Iraq it could become a quagmire. My reaction to this is to ask, well what the hell would you call it now?! If the current situation in Iraq doesn’t qualify as a major clusterf**k/quagmire then what would? The thing that’s truly scary is that judging by the reaction of the Bush administration so far to the Iraq Study Groups suggestions, I have a feeling they’re going to answer my question over the course of the next two years, by managing to do the seemingly impossible; make the Iraq situation even worse than the disaster it already is.

President Bush may be the only person left on earth who honestly still believes the Iraq War is winnable. He’s not talking about us getting out at some point reasonably unscathed, or with Iraq somewhat stabilized, this guy, our fearless leader is still shaking his cheerleader pom poms and yelling that we will triumph, in a situation where we’re down 42 to zip with two minutes to play!! I used to think he was misguided and stubborn, but at this point I seriously believe the man’s delusional, not to mention none to bright.

Some people out there may think I’m over the top in calling the President delusional and/or dumb, but I look at it this way, if an executive of a company screwed up a project the way the Bush administration has screwed up this war, and when confronted by a whole slew of people in the company and told his work was inadequate, his plan inept and his thinking just plain wrong, and he nodded and then continued to think, say and act in the exact same way, because he believed that everyone was wrong, but him, I’d guess that not only would he be out of a job mighty quick he’d also have a tough time getting a positive job recommendation from the people he left to clean up his mess.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

El Shrubbo also thinks Jesus is sitting on his shoulder whispering in his ear.

And Condoliesalot Rice thinks she's El Shrubbo's wife.

And "Shooter" Cheney thinks the face full of pellets was the lawyer's fault.

Need I say more?

12/29/2006 8:48 PM  
Blogger George said...

When is the administration going to accept the fact that it is a disaster in Iraq. It is time to bring home our soldier, now.

1/01/2007 6:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It already is a quagmire.

Apart from that I came by to wish you a very a happy new year.

1/01/2007 12:09 PM  
Blogger Leo said...

Well put Jolly-I'm still laughing at the El Shrubbo! George and Msdemmie, I agree completely and thanks for the New Years wishes, a Happy New Year to you as well!

1/02/2007 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish they'd bring home our soldiers, I'm tired of the fact that my bf is risking his life everyday for a lost cause.

1/03/2007 12:10 PM  
Blogger Leo said...

Raven, I'm sorry to hear that your boyfriend's caught up in this mess. I hope he stays safe. Thanks for the comment.

1/03/2007 1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker