Wednesday, November 08, 2006

America Sets a New Course!

Thank God it looks like America has finally woken out of her stupor! It's 4:45 am e.s.t. here and the Democrats have cleaned up in the house and look like they may very well be headed to taking the Senate as well. I don't know about the rest of you, but I think I will be doing a "happy dance," for days to come.

I truly believe that the country made the right choice and not simply because they gave Democrats power, but because with a Democratic Congress and a Republican Executive branch I believe that the days of extreme partisanship and lack of compromise will have to end. I also think having the Congress in Democrats hands will bring back some much needed oversight and balance to our government. I sincerely hope that this election will be the beginning of a new course for America, a course towards a more moderate center, a course of bipartisanship, a course away from corruption and towards accomplishing what's best for America.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know I'm doing my happy dance!! It's about damn time we ousted some of these Rebuplicans!!

11/08/2006 5:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so happy, its nice to live in a state where they kicked Satan aka Santorums ass out the door!

Just when I thought my day couldn't get any better, they have predicted that MT has gone blue and then Good Ole Rummy resigned!

This might go down as one of the best days in history!

11/08/2006 2:47 PM  
Blogger Leo said...

Lol-it's definitely up there as one of the best days for America in the last decade anyway! Thanks for the comments, raven and jenn.

11/08/2006 3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker