Saturday, November 04, 2006

Words of Wisdom!


These are some quotes I like and think relevant to America's current situation.


"The shaft of the arrow has been feathered with one of the eagle's own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction".–Aesop



"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". –Benjamin Franklin



"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level of thinking we were at when we created them." -Albert Einstein



"I know war as few other men now living know it, and nothing to me is more revolting. I have long advocated its complete abolition, as its very destructiveness on both friend and foe has rendered it useless as a method of settling international disputes". –General Douglas Macarthur



"History teaches that war begins when governments believe the price of aggression is cheap".-Ronald Reagan



"During times of war, hatred becomes quite respectable, even though it has to masquerade often under the guise of patriotism".-Howard Thurman



"In the truest sense, freedom cannot be bestowed; it must be achieved". –Franklin D. Roosevelt




"The radical of one century is the conservative of the next. The radical invents the views. When he has worn them out the conservative adopts them". –Mark Twain



"Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself".-Mark Twain



"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong".-Voltaire



3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Ben Franklin quote! I also wonder what the republican icon, Reagen would have thought of Bush's war in Iraq.

11/06/2006 12:05 AM  
Blogger Leo said...

Digger, Thanks for the comment. The Ben Franklin quote is one of my favorites too. Yeah, I don't think good old Ronnie would be quite as keen on starting wars as "The Bush" is.

11/06/2006 2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some great quotes, I've posted quite a few of them on my blog in the past, especially those by Ben Franklin and Voltaire.

11/06/2006 3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

eXTReMe Tracker